Sunday, May 3, 2009

Ate a lot this week

Ever since I put my foot in Pune, I have been eating a lot. First night, I went out to have a bite of Naturals ice-cream - my favorite - Alphonso mango slices with mango ice-cream. The next day, my mother-in-law had made chicken. The next night, after my in-laws left for Mumbai, I and my brother-in-law had beer at midnight to beat the heat. It was so so hot and humid that beer with lots and lots of ice felt nice. I slept peacefully and woke up only the next morning when the power went off.

The next evening, I went to my brother's place, and once I am there, there is no escaping my
bhabhi's culinary delights and that un-ending "आग्रह". The best part is even if I eat like pig, my bhabhi manages to feed me a bit more by saying "you haven't eaten anything". That evening, I had vodka with lime cordial, and tiger prawns in coconut curry for dinner. Delicious. 

The next evening, I had gone to my friend's place for dinner. The spread was awesome. She had made fried Pomphret stuffed with green chutney, prawns made in Goan style, sol-kadhi, rice, and Alphonso mangoes for the dessert. Ate a lot and really enjoyed the goan style sea-food. 

Next evening, we ordered some food from "Tunday Kababee", a new shop in Wanowrie. Some food here means a dish of chicken kolhapuri, mutton gravy and a dish of butter chicken. I was so full at the end that I had no space for the dessert. Unfortunately, that was my last full meal in Pune. 

After coming back to Bangalore, it was time for Bala's birthday treat. He took us to Ebony in Barton center on M.G. Road, from where I could see a big chunk of Bangalore. Any city looks good at night, and Bangalore is no exception. I could see the screwed-up-MG Road right beneath me, and believe me, its a massive muck right now. Coming back to the food - I started with a Long Island Iced Tea. It was quite a cocktail - rum, vodka, tequila, gin and coke, and it was quite strong :-). The effect of cocktail was that I was cracking some really slapstick and idiotic jokes. It was followed by some chicken, prawns and khasta roti. That consumed every iota of space in my tummy.

Have eaten a lot in the last few days.. Now I need to get back to exercise...

No comments: