Monday, June 30, 2008

Day 1 - 7 day challenge

I got up quite late, 9:30 am, as I was watching Euro 2008 finals late on Sunday night. Usually, Richa keeps my tea ready and I just have to microwave it. Today, I did not have the luxury of ready made tea. I had to make it myself.

I then had some cereal, got ready, and before leaving, folded up the damn quilt and made my bed. It was a hectic day in the office. I also had my share of the traffic when I went to HDFC in the afternoon to collect some damn certificate. In the evening, I worked out in the office gym - a bit more than usual. I came back home pretty tired and very hungry. I thought Richa would have forgotten all about the challenge. I was probably day dreaming.

I was greeted with a sarcastic smile - a smile that said - "Dear, I haven't forgotten anything about the challenge. It is time for some supper". Fortunately for me, there was plenty of "Pav Bhaaji" from last night. I just had to heat it and set it on the table. I was feeling a bit relieved.

Before dinner, I had to place all the washed utensils in their proper locations, and believe me, I had no clue which one went where. I have seen Richa do it in less than 2 minutes. I had to open each and every drawer quite a few times. Took me some 15 minutes to finish it. During dinner, Richa continuously kept teasing me - "How has your day been so far?". Each time, the smile got a bit more sarcastic and annoying.

After finishing the last chore of the day - cleaning the table and kitchen - without a doubt the most annoying one, I was back on my bed, relaxing and watching TV. I was hoping to catch some Federer - Hewitt match, but the remote was in Richa's hands.

I should have seen it coming!

2 comments:

arati kadav said...

good luck :) - nice blog!

Aditya Kulkarni said...

Day 2 of the challenge was different. It was very kind of Richa to relieve me of this great burden. 1 day of household work is good enough punishment, especially when it has to be done immaculately :-).

I am a free bird again :-).