Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Rakhi Ka Swayamvar

Atrocious. TV has become atrocious.

In the name of reality TV, anything and everything is acceptable. The quality of programmes on TV has become abysmally shallow.

When I was growing up, my family did not impose any restriction on my TV viewing. TV was clean then. We had only 1 channel - DoorDarshan. The quality of programmes on DD is still unmatched. It had poor technology, and ever so often we used to have "rukaawat ke liye khed hai", and the colored vertical bars. As far as the content is concerned, DD was miles ahead of Zee and its siblings.

In the words of Nicklaus Worth, the inventor of Pascal (for the uninitiated, its a programming language that not many people have had the opportunity to learn) - "Pascal is a great improvement over many of its successors".

Similarly, DD was miles ahead in terms of content. Its a totally different story of what has become of DD. However, even in its dilapidated present form, it cannot be as bad as others.

4 comments:

Aditya Kulkarni said...

Forgot to mention the worst part. A guy from Nagpur turns up in this show. Each contender had to bring some gift for Rakhi. What does this guy bring - "Nagpur ki santra barfi". I mean, Nagpur ke log santra barfi ke aage sochte hi nahi hain kya? Gadhe ne nagpur ki naak kata di.

Aditya Kulkarni said...

One more thing, when Rakhi chucked out a few guys, she said "Don't worry. Aapko mujhse bhi achchi ladki milegi"...

How very obvious :-)

Ketki said...

Wow..Rakhi's guts are commendable..!
But you know whats the saddest part about this whole post of yours .. that Rakhi has managed to make you watch her show and blog about it..which makes me feel like watching her show..!

Aditya Kulkarni said...

Well... I wasn't watching the show per se.. It was just going on, Richa was watching it, and I was doing something else... At the same time, I have to admit that I caught a few glimpses - about 5 mins or so.. So yes, that makes me a sinner :-)

I haven't been repeating my sins since then :-)